Are you one of the many millions who are suffering because of the economic crisis?
Is it a struggle to find two pence to rub together so you can buy a good book to read?
Well, with Christmas (Yes, I mentioned the big ‘C’ word) being just around the corner I thought I’d cheer you guys up by starting the festivities early and to share with you some free philosophy eBooks and audio books to warm the cockles of your mind.
If anyone reading this blog is in actual hardship or worries because of their financial situation maybe it’s the time to think like a Stoic and attain the wisdom to live within your means contentedly and with equanimity.
I shall be speaking more about the Stoic way of living in a future post, but in the meantime please take the time to download the following enlightening books. So forget about the world’s problems by feeding your mind with a pre-xmas feast of Stoic philosophy that will hopefully ease your troubles away right into the New Year.
The Stoic Way of Life
Stoicism is my favorite branch of philosophy as it deals with having the self-knowledge to master your emotions as well as the use of reason to deal with any difficulties that may arise. What we know of this classic Hellenistic philosophy is based primarily on the texts produced by its three primary sages: Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, and Seneca.
eBooks for Download:
- Aurelius, Marcus. Meditations (2001) [HTML]
- Boethius, Anicius. Consolation of Philosophy (1897) [PDF] [Full Text]
- Epictetus. The Discourses of Epictetus (1890) [Full Text]
- Plutarch. Plutarch’s Morals (1883) [PDF] [Full Text]
Audio Books for Download:
- Aurelius, Marcus. Meditations [ZIP]
- Boethius, Anicius. Consolation of Philosophy [HTML]
- Epictetus. The Enchiridion [Mp3]
- Seneca. His life, works and sayings [Mp3]
For more recommended books, free eBooks and audio books have a peek in Wisdom Books.