Manly P. Hall, who I consider to have been one of the wisest men of the 20th century, has featured more than once on this blog – with good reason.
Not only was Hall a man with a tremendous amount of esoteric knowledge, but he also had the wisdom, insight and common sense to advise us all towards a greater path of living, as he voraciously demonstrated in his chosen career of communicating his enlightening knowledge to the masses,
“In his over 70-year career, Hall delivered approximately 8,000 lectures in the United States and abroad, authored over 150 books and essays, and wrote countless magazine articles.”
So here I present to you, from the man himself, ten basic rules of wisdom which should provide the foundations towards living a better life…hopefully.
A concise guide for spiritual living in the modern world:
1. Stop worrying.
2. Stop trying to dominate and possess your friends and relatives.
3. Moderate ambition.
4. Do not accumulate more than you need.
5. Learn to relax.
6. Cultivate a sense of humor.
7. Find a reason for your own existence.
8. Never intentionally harm any other person.
9. Beware of anger.
10. Never blame others for your own mistakes.